Become a WordPress Developer:
“Coding enthusiasts this one is for you. Word press theme development is what you need to learn to advance your skills in WordPress.”
What we’ll teach
- Why in WordPress coding is the key to build whatever you imagine?
- Why it’s important to have ability to write PHP to manipulate the data on WordPress site?
- We will teach you to code your own new custom block types for the Gutenberg Block Editor
- We will teach you the knowledge, skills and vocabulary to work professionally as a WordPress developer
Learn the full capability of WordPress and go above “just a blog platform” by learning how to code completely custom WordPress sites.
Updated for 2019: A new lesson of 3 part on coding your own custom block type for the new “Gutenberg” Block Editor in WordPress.
Together we will build a website and along the way we will teach:
- How to Install WordPress on personal computer so to have a private playground copy of WordPress to practice and experiment with it.
- We will introduce you to the PHP language (this is what powers the WordPress).
- How to Set Up a New Theme (we will teach you how to convert any HTML template into a living active WordPress theme)
- How to create Custom Post Types and Custom Fields
- What is relate pieces of content with each other (e.g. a professor and a program)
- Get Leverage the WP REST API to make stunning website.
- How to let visitors sign up for a basic account on our site
- How to build a “My Notes” feature (user specific single page application with real-time CRUD actions)
- How to let users “like” a professor (update the professor’s like count on-the-fly)
- How to live up a website onto the web for the entire world to view
- And there is much more
This course may be new, but this isn’t our first time teaching. We’ve led training sessions for different companies and we’ve already helped 200+ people on TutorsGateway.
Become an asset for the companies hiring web developers. If you are a coding enthusiast, this is the course you are looking for!
Able to create your own website.
Able to become a Freelancer.
Employment in a software firm.
Customizing already build themes according to your requirement with CSS.
Getting access to make your first website live for the world to see.
Course Details :
This course is designed to give you advance training on WordPress. Yes, we all know that WordPress is a Content Management System in which one can create responsive websites easily with beautiful themes and supportive plugins.
But WordPress is not just about drag and drop.
Theme that we use on WordPress are built using core programming languages. Creating you website with already build theme gives you many options but creating your own theme according to your or companies requirement is more authentic to your business, client or the company you work for.
WordPress theme development is an advanced course that we offer here on Skills4u. Where we give them full hands-on training on creating own customized themes using (PHP, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap etc).
What you’ll Learn
- PHP (as it powered the WordPress)
- WordPress Build-in functions
- HTML template to WordPress theme conversions
- WordPress API
- You will create a whole new theme with the trainer.
And much more
- For making WordPress website basic knowledge is required (how to create a blog post, etc…)
- For WordPress basic understanding of HTML is required (e.g. “p” is for paragraph, “h1” is for headline, etc…)
- As WordPress developer no CSS knowledge required (although it helps to understand that CSS is used to add style & design to a page)
Who this course is for:
- This course is for the developers who want to use WordPress as a true Content Management System and not “just a blog platform.”
- Who want to learn about the “REST API” which allows us to interact with WordPress data on-the-fly in real time.
- Anyone who is interested in custom post types, custom fields, and creating relationships between various content types.